Miyerkules, Nobyembre 27, 2013

GDayX Reaction Paper



November 23, 2013 – I was really sick. But still I opted to go to Xavier School for the GDayX. Problem was I didn’t know how to go there. It was already 8:00 and I’m still at UP waiting for a Katipunan Jeep. So I took a cab. At least I’d be there before registration ends and kuya might know where the school is.
                And I arrived there 40 minutes after. I actually liked the auditorium, it had strong AC units and it had strong WIFI. I was with no one so it was my phone and the strong WIFI connection accompanying me throughout the 5 talks I attended.
                I was really getting bored because the program started 20 minutes late and I’m an impatient guy. But once it started, the talks were fun. And because I really like listening to business stuff, I was into it. The talks were about how to utilize Google, Youtube and Blogs for the business you want to do.
                The first speaker, Gail Tan, talked about humans. How they are actually the ones manipulating technology for their businesses. She did a great talk. She actually focused on the consumer part of the business, that what you do should please your customers and listen to them.
                The second and third speaker was all about how Google can help you with your business. And here the two guys were answering questions and bragging on the world’s number one search engine’s capacity of doing things. I was impressed. Also to think that big names trust Google Docs, I say it’s really something. And also Herald Uy, the glasses guy, told us that there’s “No excuse for you to not attend meetings because you can do it online!” You can technically go to meetings without really going to office and you can bring your work anywhere. Bottomline is that, they just shared what people can do with modern day technology.
                Next was the Youtube girl, Trixie. I don’t know her last name. But she showed one funny video. The one that was about the “Shave Time, Shave Money” tagline. I found that ad very witty. And I should say that they used Youtube very well.  She also talked about on how to build your products and how to communicate with your audience through YT. She also gave some statistics about Youtube like the number of people who visit YT, the length of the vids they watch and what they usually watch on YT. I use YT daily so I was really hooked with her talk.
                The last talk I listened to was done by Kring Elenzano. The Kpop fan queen with a Korean boyfriend. She talked about her blogs and her business ventures. She was actually very forthcoming because she also shared the negative responses she got from many people and the clothing line store that did not boom. But I can see that she handled the negativity quite well. She even showed a vid of her with another girl that tutors girls on how to get a Korean boyfriend. People were very entertained with the vid while I, much less.
                I left after that. I’ve had a great time listening to the talks. And kudos because it was successful and the free food tasted fantastic. 

2012-15340

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento