Miyerkules, Disyembre 11, 2013

Reaction Paper on The Fly

I found The Fly interesting and entertaining because it had an interesting plot for a science fiction movie. I have seen and read science fiction materials wherein the scientist’s experiment had gone wrong, but what made this film unique for me is the involvement of the scientist’s wife in his time of crisis. Also, what made this film very unique is the choice of the animal to be fused with the DNA of a human. I’ve seen movies about werewolves, mermaids, centaurs, but this is the first time I’ve seen a half-man half-fly.

I think the film showed the limits of a scientific experiment. It illustrated an example where man took it too far. I think there is nothing wrong with wanting to know the truth. As a kid, I was also curious about everything around me and I wanted answers to all those questions. But science also has to have its own conduct of morality and regulation. Not every experiment is acceptable to humankind in terms of religion, culture and society. Taking The Fly as an example, although the scientist did not intentionally fuse with a fly, it shows how a human life and morality was endangered in a man’s experiment to search for the truth. I consider this film therefore a morality play because it shows the conflict of right and wrong and several moral lessons can be drawn from it.


Based on the movie, I think that people viewed Science and Technology in the past as something that is developing and progressing at an incredible rate. In spite of the awe of people about science and technology, they’re also wary about what this may produce. Progress has its disadvantages after all.

Corpuz, Raiza M.
2013-14987

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento